Join me for another five minute friday: Growing
I hardly tune the TV to the news anymore. Bad news. All over bad news. And I know I have to keep my feet in the ground and accept that, that is how the world is. People kill people. Wars are fought among nations, and who's to say who's right? There's so much hate among us. So much violence and greed. I get a sinking feeling everytime.
But last week, the news came on and I didn't change the channel right away. I wanted to hear this. I needed to hear this. How upon seeing a motorcyclist underneath a burning car strangers stopped. Stopped. Stopped rushing to work. Stopped thinking about diner, and traffic, and the rent, and what time they got off from work, and if they had enough money. They stopped. They ran over to the car and in a joined effort all those strangers they lift the car up, and pulled the guy out from under the burning car. I needed to know that my children are growing in this kind of world too.
Thank you for stopping by, and please wonder over to The Gypsy Mama, to read more entries.
5 comments:
Yes, our children do need to hear these kind of stories with all the other stuff they are hearing.
hard stuff. our kids are definitely growing in a different time, and sometimes i don't even know how to adequately prepare them.
one day at a time.
blessings to you this day!
I remember that story as well. It was a wonderful testimony of just how good we can be to our fellow man.
Janelle
GraceTags.com
Sometimes we don't pause and take in the good...thanks for the reminder...
Blessings~
I saw that on the news too. I rarely watch the news because they only want to report the negative for ratings.
I pray God will give us wisdom how to prepare our children.
Take care,
Beth
Post a Comment