Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Portrait of Happiness



April photo challenge submission for I Heart Faces


There is nothing as refreshing as the honest to goodness laughter of a child. It is always a wonder to me how happiness comes so easily to them. We think that as parents it is our job to teach them, but I think our job does not end there. I think that we need to accept that the learning relationship between adults and children is reciprocated. We teach them, yes, but we need to humble ourselves to the status of students too. There's so many lessons to learn from them, lessons that we have long forgotten, like how to find joy and be happy about the smallest of things.



4 comments:

Melle@featheredruffles.com said...

she looks like she has a delicious secret!

genie said...

Your little girl is beautiful and her smile gorgeous. Those pretty white teeth and grin give me the warm fuzzies. A wonderful capture. genie

Anonymous said...

Oh my. She is so beautiful. What a pretty little girl. Happiness abounds in this picture!

Amanda Heath said...

Love the catch lights in those beautiful brown eyes.