If I knew I could, I would....
{start}
Get myself out of this. I would dance the baby blues away. I would chase them away with lullabies and nice long walks at the park with my double stroller. If I knew I could I would be a supermom. The kind that can get a picky toddler to eat just about anything, and can keep her cool when a toy hits her square in the forehead. The kind that goes unfazed by a teething infant who is breaking his first teeth. Do all that and still find time to do extra projects, do the dishes, and cook a decent diner. Instead I find myself way too often on the verge of joining in. If you can't beat them, join them right?
{stop}

8 comments:
that's always been good advice. if you can't beet them, join them. but I don't know how that would works with children. I've not the pleasure of having children in my life, save my niece. And I would rather join her in her shenanigans.
ha ha...well said. Breathe in then out, in and out...you are doing a great job :) Your heart for these things shines through so just keep smiling through it all..... better days ahead.
Go and ahead and cry, sweetie, it's good medicine. Especially if you join in loud and long with the babies...then they can look up at you with that "what in the world??" look and you can have a good giggle :) Thank you for painting such a vivid picture of mommyhood. I'm praying for you tonight!
Oh I have been there. I have 4 children and each time I had one the experience was so different, I know those blues up close and personal. Hang in there, I will pray for you, and God will lead you out of this, to the place of dancing the blues away, and somehow finding the balance to get the necessary accomplished. Hang in there, friend. Praying for you during this challenging season...
We've all been there...I am just coming out of this season myself. My youngest is turning 1 in 3 weeks and I find myself able to be me again. Get things done in my time, work on projects, breathe. Ya know? You'll get there too!
Thank you, these comments have made me feel so much better. Sometimes knowing I'm not alone is all it takes.
Ohhh, yes. I think a lot of us mommas (and I'm sure some dads, too!) can relate to this post! Just remember that God chose you to be your child's momma. It's an amazing gift. (But, of course, it's okay to cry some, too! I've totally done my share of that, as well.)
Like my mom always says...this too shall pass. And it does and it will...and the next phase will come and be so all encompassing that the phase before it will slip from memory. I say this from the experience of having kids from one who just turned 13 year old today down to one who just turned 1 last month. You definitely are not alone...and yeah, don't beat 'em...they'll just cry more ;)
Post a Comment