Since I became a mother hugs have been a natural daily occurence in my home. Hugs from my two little monsters have never felt anything but matter of fact. As of late I've wondered why that is. Do we lose something as we grow older? Something that was necessary when we where children? Children seek hugs when they are hurt, sad, tired, happy, playful, and so on. They spread their arms wide open and just throw themselves in my embrace, as if it is their haven. My arms feel more like wings spreading over them and tucking them close to my heart. My little ducklings sink into my embrace and melt into my heart.
I'm going to learn this lesson from them.There has to be something to this childs' instict to hug. I'm going to hug more often. Whether I am hurt, sad, tired, happy, or sympathetic, I'm going to hug good and deeply. It will either make me feel better, make someone else feel better, or both, but there is no downside. I am ready to embrace 'hugging it out.'

No comments:
Post a Comment