Friday, April 6, 2012
Light of the Night
Arizona Skies
I have lived in Los Angeles most of my life. Up until two years ago when we moved our family to a small city in Arizona. Los Angeles has my heart. I miss all the different flavors, cultures, and colors.It truly is a melting pot. I miss the sound of the ocean and the short distance to it. I miss how different everyone is, and the proximity to everything.
Out here in my part of Arizona the weather is angry. The sun blisters, and the cold bites. The innocent alabaster skin of my little ones take in its wrath in the form of heat rash. The sun makes us prisoners of enclosed AC boxes. And everything is beige and neutral. With all that said there is nothing like the Arizona sky at night. The darkness uninterrupted by all the city lights opens up the foggy window between me an the sky. The twinkle twinkle of the stars. The amazing capacity of the moon to illuminate the night. I sit under this magnificent sky and almost feel the pull of the moon. These skies are my lesson, for although I don't like Arizona and I am homesick for my family and my city, I have found the light in the dark. Only in true darkness can you see the true power of light.
Prompted by The Gypsy Mama's , Five Minute Friday. Check out her blog for more entries on light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment