Friday, February 10, 2012

Trust


I haven't done a Five Minute Friday in a while, but I felt like jumping in today. The prompt is TRUST.
Five minutes, unedited, GO!


I know that to my family I come off as neurotic. I'm always 'la exajerada'  and the nervous mom. I'm the one who always thinks of the worst possible scenario, and try to stay a step ahead...


 

This of course a recent development since I became a mother.My mom is always making me feel bad whenever she asks me why I don't I trust her with my babies. Always reminding me that when my sister lived in Arizona she would let my oldest nephew spend the summer with her in California.

It's not that I don't trust my mom, it's that I don't trust the WORLD. Today for example I happened to tune into the afternoon news and saw all about the six year old little girl who almost got kidnapped from Walmart. She was plucked right out off the toy aisle as her mom shopped down another aisle of the store. This little girl was a fighter, and thank God for that, because her kicking and screaming saved her life.

It it is stories like this, and my own childhood that tells me that we cannot take anything or anyone for granted. My mom who is always so busy she often spreads herself thin.

Of course she calls me after she hears the same news and warns me not to leave my boys unattended when I go out alone with them. "You can never be too careful." She says. I can only smile as I answer, "I know mom." 
STOP

 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is hard ~ leaving your baby in the care of others, even our own mothers. Perhaps even MORE because they are our mothers and we still see fresh things from our childhood as you say.

Dionne said...

I am always paranoid a bit when out in public. I understand. Great take on the word trust. I can understand your lack of trust with your mom...hard.

Shari said...

I think there's a fine line between trusting and following your intuition. For the most part, if my intuition tells me not to do something, it's for a reason.

And I agree -- it's not the other person, it's the WORLD that we have to worry about, unfortunately.