Saturday, April 14, 2012

Panther Girl

Photo Credit, Daniel Wolters

Panther girl you guard my sleep
bite back at my pain with the edge of your teeth
carry me into the jungle dark
lope easy past the eyes that watch
stride the fish-scale river shine
and the pumping green-blood vines
we will leave my tears behind
in a pool that silver chimes and
we will leave behind my sorrow
leave it in the rotting hollows
when I wake you are there besides me
damp and matted from the journey
your eyes hazy as you try to know
how far down we tried to go
and the way I clung to you
all my tears soaking through
fur and flesh, muscle, bone
like a blind child, unborn
whose dreams caress you deep inside
are my dreams worth the ride?

-Franscesca Lia Block, Missing Angel Juan

They say I am a no good woman, a wild thing that can't be tamed. La bruja who enchanted you with my voo doo juju. It had to be because otherwise it doesn't make sense, you see I am not even pretty. I don’t take insult because I suppose I am wild, and it had to be a magic for our love to flourish besides the pain and hostile soil. We see each other as we are, and we are good for each other, and in the end that's all that matters.

The End.

No comments: